Papers, Publications & Research Work
- EEG in Epilepsy :
Dissertation submitted to Gujarat University for M.D., Degree.
- Clinical, EEG, CT, MRI correlation in partial seizures :
Dissertation submitted to Bombay University for D.M. (Neurology)
- Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis' :
A study of 12 cases. Paper presented at 7th annual conference
of Association of Physicians of Gujarat 1986.
FIRST PRIZE WAS AWARDED to this paper.
- Paraplegia :
Article published in JAPI : June 1984. Postgraduate clinic.
- Strokes in young in west central India' :
Some observations on changing trends in morbidity and mortality
: JAPI : June 1988.
- The efficacy of MRI V/S CT Scan in partial seizure :
18th international epilepsy congress, New Delhi 1989
- Current guidelines for stroke management-Gujarat Medical Journal-Aug-99 Page 27-30
- Prolonged fasting-How is it possible-A Hypothesis-Gujarat Medical journal-march-2001
- Current concepts in the management of Ischemic stroke- Gujarat Medical Journal,
- An approach to a patient of Dementia-Gujarat Medical journal- December-2001,
vol.58, No 3, Page no. 33-35.
- Comprehensive medical approach to a case of refractory Epilepsy, Aspects of Epilepsy-
Issue No-12, March 2002, Page 3-9.
- Sleep, its disorders and their treatment-Gujarat Medical Journal-Aug-2003,
vol. 60, No. 2, Page No 17-21.
- Case report- Autoimmune Myasthenia Gravis in two brothers, JAPI, Vol.52, March
- Dopaminergic Therapy for parkinson’s disease,current status :
Parkinson’s disease and Movement Disorder, Page 217-227, Text chapter.
- Treatment for parkinson’s disease, current status, The journal of Association of Physicians
of Gujarat,2004,Issue No.2,Page 40-57.
- Co-author for POSTENCEPHALITIC BILATERAL NIGRAL NECROSIS WITH
MOTOR COMPLICATIONS –a poster presentation at conference for movement
disorder at TOKYO, JAPAN-2006.
- Paper presented on Neurological Complication of Chiken Gunya at XVth Annual
conference of IAPSM – GC on 18.1.2008.
- Co-author in Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions journal for Transradial
approach for stenting of vertebrobasilar stenosis : A feasibility Study
Published Online : 8th May 2009. Tejas Patel, MD, FACC, FSCAI 1*, Sanjay Shah, MD 1,
Hemant Malhotra, MD 1 , Leena Shah, MD 1 , Sudhir Shah MD 2
- Co-author in journal of Clinical Virology for Systemic involvements and fatalities
during Chikungunya epidemic in India, 2006. Babasaheb V. Tandalea, Padmakar S.
Sathea, Vidya A. Arankallea, R.S.Wadiab, Rahul Kulkarnib, Sudhir V. Shah, et al
- Prolonged fasting; A study of Mr. Prahlad Jani: Paper presented at an International conference, Taskhand, Uzbekistan, August 16, 2009
- Co-author in Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions journal for
Transradial approach for stenting of vertebrobasilar stenosis : A feasibility
Study Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions15th Nov 2009. Tejas Patel,
MD, FACC, FSCAI 1*, Sanjay Shah, MD 1, Hemant Malhotra, MD 1 , Leena Shah,
MD 1, Sudhir Shah MD 2
- Chapter: “New Treatment Modalities in Alzheimer’s Dementia” Vol. : 22, Page
No. 570 APICON 2012, Kolkata Medicine Update.
- “The Art & Science of Meditation” published in Gujarat Medical journal Vol. : 7,
Issue : 2, Page : 104 to 112, Feb 2012.
- Paper publication: A rare case of Hypokalemic Paralysis Conn’s Syndrome
IJCP: Vol.22, No: 12, May 2012 Dr. Raisaa Vora, Dr. Malav Gadani, Dr. Heli
Shah, Dr. Sudhir Shah
- Case report : A case of limbic encephalitis and review of Literature : JOSH
volume 3 2012 Page 25.
- Wegner’s granulomatosis with multiple cranial palsies; JOSH, journal, 2012(accepted)
- A case report of a patient with Fungal granuloma of brainstem abscess Gujarat
Medical journal August 2012(accepted) Bhadresh B. Mangukiya, Malav Gadani,
Heli S. Shah, Sudhir V. Shah
- “Adult patient with Novel H1N1 infection presented with encephalitis, rhabdomyolysis,
pneumonia and polyneuropathy”; Journal of Global Infectious Diseases (accepted),
- A case of Polyarteritis Nodosa with Hepatitis B presented with Mononeuritis
Multiplex successfully treated with Cyclophosphamide, Steroid & Lamivudin
therapy Gujarat Medical Journal February 2013 Dr. Heli S. Shah, Dr. Malav
Gadani, Dr. Bhadresh B. Mangukiya, Dr. Sudhir V. Shah
- Study of outcome of 50 cases of PRES in a tertiary care Government Hospital AAPI
Gujarat state chapter 19th October, 2013 Dr. Heli Shah, Bhadresh Mangukiya,
Dr. Sudhir Shah. Dr. Shalilesh Darji
- A case of severe carbon Monoxide Poisoning due to Gas Geyser with cerebellar
involvement Gujarat Medical Journal December 2013 Dr. Heli S. Shah, Dr. Shailesh
H. Darji, Dr. Krunal Padhiyar, Dr. Amit Bhatt, Dr. Sudhir V. Shah
- Clinical profile of 20 cases of Longitudinal extensive transverse myelitis (LETM) in
Government Tertiary Hospital GHS January 2014 Dr. Heli Shah, Dr. Shailesh Darji,
Dr. Sudhir Shah
(B) I have done pioneering work on setting stroke protocols in Gujarat. Also has experience
of doing successful intra arterial thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke for more
than dozen cases and have established standards of acute stroke unit as well as acute
neurological intensive care and as director of neurosciences, I have developed model
NICU at sterling hospital.
(C) I have given several lectures at state, national and international conferences on
(D) I have led the delegation for Indo-Japanese meet at Tokyo, Japan in May 2004, as
principal speaker on - Peripheral Neuropathy an Indian perspective.
(E) I have given talks on Neurotheology-Neurological (scientific) basis for spiritual
practices(e.g. meditation, religion etc.)at USA,UK, JAPAN Kenya etc.
(F) RESEARCH – TRIALS Completed
- Open lable multicentric clinic trial to evalute the efficacy and safety of Entacapone as
an add on therapy in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- Evolution of Zonisamide as an adjunctive therapy in patient with refractory partial
epilepsy – an open lable multicentric trial.
- A phase I / II multicentre, prospective, randomized parallel designs, placebo
controlled,double blind study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of two different
dosage requirement of a herbal preparation LLL – 2011 and placebo as a preventive
treatment in patient with common migraine.
- A 24 week multicentre randomized, double blind, placebo controlled evolution of the
efficacy,safety and tolerability of Donepezil Hydrocloride [ E2020-A001-319] in patient
with Dementia associated with carebrovascular disease.
- A open – lable, multicentric, one year examination of the safety of Donepezil
Hydrochloride [ E- 2020-A001-320] in patient with dementia associated with
- A phase III, multi-center, placebo-controlled, double blind, randomized, parallel group
study to establish the efficacy of LLL-2011 administered as a 1% nasal spray in the
preventive treatment of common migraine.
- Neuropathic pain: Efficacy of Pregabalin
- Study OV-1012: Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Efficacy and Safety Study
of Clobazam (0.25, 0.5 and 1.0 mg/kg/day) in Patients with Lennox-Gastaut
Study OV-1004: Safety and Effectiveness of Open –Label Clobazam in
Subjects with Lennox- Gastaut Syndrome
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group
Trial, with Placebo Run-In, and an Open-Label Treatment Period, to Evaluate
the Performance of the Cogstate Computerized Neuropsychological Battery and
the ADAS-Cog in Generally Cholinesterase- naive AD Patients Randomized to
Either Donepezil or Placebo
- 109MS302 “A Randomized, Multicenter, Placebo-Controlled and Active
Reference (Glatiramer Acetate) Comparison Study to Evaluate the Efficacy
and Safety of BG00012 in Subjects With Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis”
(G) RESEARCH – TRIALS (Ongoing Trials)
- 105MS301 “A Randomized, Multicenter, Double-blind, Parallel – group,
Placebo-Controlled Study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of study drug in
subjects with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis”
- 109MS303 “A dose blind, Multicenter, extension study to determine long term
Safety & efficacy of two doses of study drug monotherapy in subjects With
Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis”
- 105MS302 “A dose-frequency blinded, multicenter, extension study to determine
the Long-term safety and efficacy of study drug in subjects with Relapsing-
Remitting Multiple Sclerosis”
- An international, double blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, randomized,
Study : evaluation of the efficacy and safety of study drug as adjunctive therapy
In participants with partial onset seizures.
(H) Extra Ordinary Case Study
- Over whelming success in research activity “ Prahlad K. Jani ”. We have
monitored him 24 hours for 10 days for validation of his claim for not eating,
drinking, not passing stool and urine.
- Reinvestigated with Indian defence (DIPAS) as principal investigator in 2010
for 15 days.
- This project was widely telecasted all over the world including Discovery, BBC
and in other electronic media.